This is the quick guide to Fighter Diet for you who want to know a bit but not enough to really research:
Fighter Diet is a lifestyle for those who want to be lean 365 days of the year without feeling hungry all the time as well as optimize fitness and health.
1. You eat foods which allow you to consume large quantities without over consuming calories.
2. You eat from all three macronutrient groups: carbs, protein, fats.
3. Fighter Diet cycles the first two phases, the third one is an optional phase you use for days you need to alter your diet due to social events/traveling/breaking it up:
A: very low grain, high vegetables, high protein, moderate low/low fat.
B: very high grain, high fruit and sugar, low protein, low fat.
C: no grain, low vegetable, high protein, high fat.
4. Fighter Diet can be adjusted for focusing on more muscle gain. In that case, higher carb vegetables or grains are introduced in pre or post workout nutrition. For instance, mashed white potatoes post workout.
5. Fighter Diet allows “unnatural” condiments/extras: sugar free chewing gum, diet coke, crystal light, sugar free strawberry jell-o, waldenfarms, black coffee, green tea, tea etc.
6. Fighter Diet is NOT suited for hardgainers or those with a small appetite.
7. The practice of veggie belly serves ONE purpose: you cannot eat junk when you’re full in your trunk .